OASC HIGH SCHOOL AND UNDERGRAD SCHOLASHIP
1. COMPLETED APPLICATION: Please complete all parts of Application. If an area
does not apply, write “N/A” in the space provided.
2. SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT & COURSE SCHEDULE: You must provide an
ORIGINAL, OFFICIAL COPY of your SPRING 2023 SCHOOL TRANSCRIPT & COURSE SCHEDULE FOR THE FALL 2022
3. RESUME: INCLUDE EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND VOLUNTEER/WORK EXPERIENCE.
4. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR 4-YEAR COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY OF YOUR CHOICE.
5. ESSAYS: You must submit ONE ESSAYS addressing A following topics:
Essay #1: Life Challenges & Career Goals
a. What life challenge(s) have you overcome to get to college?
b. Describe your career goals, how you plan to accomplish those goals, and what steps you are
currently taking towards those goals.
Essay #2: Dr. Carter G. Woodson
a. Why is Dr. Carter G. Woodson an important historical figure?
b. What is the importance of knowing about the accomplishments of Dr. Woodson, especially for
c. How is his story an inspiration for you?
6. ESSAY REQUIREMENTS:
a. Essays must be 1-1½ pages, doubled spaced, 12-point font, have
1-inch margins, and in one of the following fonts: Arial, Cambria, Times, Times New Roman, or
b. Each essay page must be numbered and have applicant’s name.
c. Each essay must have at least 3 paragraphs.
d. Each essay must address at least three supporting points.
e. Each essay must have a conclusion.
f. Single-spaced and one-paragraph essays WILL NOT BE
Mail to: Keta Davis
5767 W. Olympic Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Please email a copy of your application
and questions regarding application to:
THE "ILUMINATION" GRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP. NAMED FOR PAST VICE PRESIDENT TONI "MOKJAETJI" HUMBER. MORE TO COME